Saturday, January 13, 2007

rugby, art, & fashion


Surly barnacle, roller derby queen, the Duluth Mexican, tesla, and me went to a rugby match yesterday. Surly Barnacle has been thinking about joining, and he piqued my interest as well. It turns out there are a handful of rugby guys who are about my size (i.e., tall and thin, like the guy in black in the foreground right), so I think I could actually do it. I can definitely handle the post-match beer drinking, bar-hopping on the team bus.

#1 and I went thrift store shopping today to get the equipment for our "found sketchbooks." This idea comes from #1's art class, but I thought it was so cool that I decided to do it too. The found sketchbook is a cheap used book which you both use as a sketchbook and paste pieces of other cheap used books inside. In my case, I'll be taking images and mostly words from books about U-boats, American history, quail hunting, and oceanic life and putting them into my found notebook: a women's prayer book. I'm thinking of a theme of I am a man, and let me tell you why I'm more interested in people than God.

At the thrift stores I also found an awesome camel-hair blazer. I'll have to take it to a dry cleaner, but I like it. Ever since I saw Kicking & Screaming I've been wanting to look like a college kid in 1995.

On our way home, some crazy-eyed guy tore across a crosswalk pushing a shopping cart with several cases of Bud Lite.

Song of the Day: Rilo Kiley - Accidental Death

No comments: