Wednesday, January 3, 2007

origami


While out for beers with the diamond and surly barnacle, I made napkin roses for each of them. As you can see, surly barnacle loves his. Meanwhile, the diamond: I hate these stupid commercials for pickup trucks. They all look the same. Why can't we have a commercial where someone takes a piss on a big truck, then walks away and gets in a Prius...

Amen.

I think one of the most valuable contributions of friends is to tell you the obvious things you've been keeping from yourself. For instance, in the last week:

my brother: yeah, but will she ever love you the way you need?
my closest female friend: you need a nice girl... you've been dating bad girls, girls who are jaded, who just aren't kind to people, and they've been bad to you.
my brewing buddy: once she asks for it, it'll be feline [sic]... or no feline [sic]. you'll choose feline [sic].

Ahem...

1 comment:

World Leader Pretend said...

Don't tell me you are actually taking relationship advice from your brother. That is like taking spiritual advice from Satan.