Sunday, January 21, 2007

Reminders of me, not us


I've been lazy about taking pictures, but this is too good to not share. Thanks to my friend, the angriest communist, for the recommendation... it's pirated from Red Meat. I like to call it, "If I had actually become a minister..." In high school I honestly considered joining the clergy with some seriousness (although I wouldn't have gone Catholic... I like women too much... also sex). Nonstop and I have been discussing how we'll roll out when I'm ready to play the field again. We've decided that he'll masquerade as an astrologer, while I'll pretend I'm a smokejumper. Perhaps even a seminary student - turned - smokejumper. (Unfortunately, I'm really incapable of being even as moderately sleazy as the last few sentences.)

Last night I saw The Hot Buttered Rum String Band with a whole pile of friends. Nopey has a good post about it (in quest of the robot), explaining the smallness of Tucson (his title is, in fact, a circle). It's true, often times, I do like it... I think I put it to him this way: I don't really mind the tiny Tucson circle when it involves me meeting cute single girls...

It snowed today in Tucson. About half an inch accumulated on top of the cacti. I opened the trunk of my car, pulled out the snow brush which had sat unused for 2.5 years, and did what I knew.

Song of the Day: The White Stripes - I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)

No comments: