Saturday, January 27, 2007

first date: u-boat sailors


I had a first date last night. First dates are always a lot of fun for me: as I was explaining to smoove, I hardly ever remember anything from first dates. There's just so much energy, so much that's distractible in her eyes and her scent and the electricity leaping from her speech, that the specific words just become trivial. smoove: so does that mean that every 2nd date with action is basically just a repeat of the 1st date? It's not quite like that, but I think that on the first date, you just sort of feel everything through. On the 2nd date, you actually start to tackle details.

It went well; not magical, but really good. She was great, and the date certainly went well enough that I'd like to see her again. Unfortunately, it turns out that she's just visiting Tucson for about a week. I guess I'm flattered that she decided to have a date with me during this visit... but that really wasn't what I expected. Weird, but a lot of fun. And now, tonight, here I go all over again... though really, I'm spitting game in lieu.

The photo is schemer & swift's antique piano, to be restored at some date in the (distant) future. Me and surly barnacle brewed with them today, doing our first mash-extract beer: an imperial porter.

Song of the Day: Gordon Lightfoot - Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

No comments: