Sunday, December 17, 2006

Zwack Futyulos


Last night, #2 threw a little party. The occasion? Her grandmother was moving and wanted to clear out the liquor cabinet, so she gave it all to her granddaughters. The strangest liquor present was the bottle of Hungarian apple brandy held above. It was pretty tasty, and it was a good night. The neighbors had to come over and ask us to quiet down when the Bon Jovi sing-a-long was a little too loud around 1:30 am.

Today, I saw The Holiday... yes, it's true: it's a chick flick. But although a significant amount of the movie was lame and scripted, I mostly kind of liked it. Jack Black's character was much more like me than any of his previous roles, clearly indicating I'm getting closer to being a rock star as each day passes. But honestly, I find that sometimes, you just have to go and see a chick flick, maybe for some sort of breadth in life. And by "you," uhhh... I mean me. When I was 15 I spent the summer as a counselor at a Boy Scout camp. Five weeks into the summer I required a serious dose of femininity, so I called some friends and organized a trip to see Ever After. All the friends decided to no-show to set me up with a girl, so that she and I saw it alone together. That girl was bungle, and we dated until college.

No such luck this time.

Tomorrow I'm flying to Pasadena...

No comments: