Saturday, December 2, 2006

Merhaba! Serefe!


It turns out that the Surly Barnacle was featured in a Weekly article that hit the newstands the same day as his birthday. Here, his wife, the Roller Derby Queen, shows the cover of the issue (she was also featured in it). They're both very educated on religion, and have strong well-formed opinions... so I'm glad they got to share them, even if the article did sensationalize a bit. For further education on religion, I recommend the "Religionklok" episode of "Metalocalypse" on youtube. (Thanks to the Sunshine Rider for turning me on to this hilarious show.)

The other guy in the photo is helping me pretend that I'm Turkish. See, on several occasions traveling outside the US, I've had people tell me that I look Turkish. I think I should run with it. So far, he's taught me two words.
I'm hoping I can get by mostly with syllabic sounds. My tutor: yeah, Turkish is sort of a mix of French and German, with a touch of Arabic. I challenge you to find any other description of a thing as a "mix of French and German."

No comments: