Saturday, December 16, 2006

It sure beats working


Photo evidence indicates that I have a hole in my pants. Also, my golfing form is terrible. Just compare nop.bot and the diamond's follow-through to mine. I drive a golf ball like I swing a bat at a baseball... and apparently this results in slicing the ball somewhere between 20 and 60 degrees off target. But honestly, I don't have much desire to get better at golf, and I don't expect that I'll ever buy my own clubs. It's just an excuse to be outside with my friends.

When I'm tired, depressed, or just not in the mood, it's necessary to remind myself to buckle down, watch Action Jackson (the 1988 classic starring Carl Weathers) for motivation, and get out there. Action is always better than inaction, and almost everything is worth trying once. Like golf, for instance. (But not skydiving, because that's just scary.) I think it was the great Gurney Halleck who once said: Not in the mood!?! Mood is a thing for cattle, and making love, not for...

Last night was a perfect example.