Thursday, December 14, 2006

every day should call for a themed costume


Wednesday night = Cigar & Bloody Mary Night (CBMN) at nonstop b.opp's house. There are rarely cigars or bloody marys, but we show up every week regardless. Anyway, last night before CBMN, #1 (aka monkey) calls me up:

#1: Yeah, so I wanted to ask you... [nonstop]'s place is kind of classy now, with his bar, so I was thinking of dressing up for it, you know?
me: YES! I'll do it. That is a genius idea.

There really aren't that many opportunities for me to dress up, being a grad student and all... so I'll take any chance I get. There we are above, #1, nonstop, and me, looking our classy best. The suit I'm wearing was actually what my dad wore when he got married. It doesn't fit my dad any more, but it fits like it was tailored for me.

And meanwhile, while we sipped out martinis, the schemer described his plan to become the kicker for the Arizona football team. That'll be me! he cried out. I'll be that guy threatening the 1st-string kicker with a knife!

No comments: