Sunday, December 10, 2006

3:54:07


I ran the Tucson marathon today. I'm pretty tired. I was extremely happy to see how many friends came out to wish me well and congratulate me at the finish. Special thanks to nopbot, who ran the last 7 miles with me and kept me going. (I'm not sure I could have done the last 3-4 miles without him.) The Diamond also ran the last mile with me and took photos as I finished (though he's right behind me in the photo above).

There were taiko drummers about a half mile from the finish. They were a huge boost for me as I came up the home stretch. I wish that taiko drummers accompanied me all the time: I cannot think of a single situation in life that a constant taiko drum soundtrack would not improve.

3 comments:

David said...

congrats!

nop.bot said...

you did good champ! eye of the tiger the entire last 7...you are in fact, action jackson.

Anonymous said...

i'm impressed. nicely done !