Friday, December 15, 2006

don't worry mom, there are veggies there too


I am a bachelor. I'll take the simpler pleasures.

It's ironic... in my last serious relationship, it was always a sticky point when k-luv would ask for a night all to herself. I just wouldn't get it: I mean, why would she want to spend free time alone instead of seeing me? How could she choose [the equivalent of] sitting at home alone, with Scotch, dark beer, a bacon & cheese sandwich, a lit mag, and Leadbelly on the stereo... when we could have been together?

It makes a lot more sense now.

I'm going golfing later this afternoon. My dad says: Golfing, huh? I don't think you can do that: it's a Republican sport. My father is a registered Republican, and though he never reveals for whom he votes (It's a secret ballot! I'm not telling you!), he only quit the NRA because my mom made him. In all fairness to his judgment... I'm terrible at golf.

No comments: