Monday, February 5, 2007

6th & 6th, and mispronounced names


The meat-pit, at swifty (aka OB) and schemer's house. There were probably 30 pounds of meat, in total, at their super bowl party. My pigs in a blanket, made with delicious bite-size wieners, looked even smaller next to their 15-hour pit-roasted chunks of pig and cow. It was not an event for vegetarians.

I've been wanting to go to more art openings in Tucson for some time, and so I was pretty thrilled to go to an opening last Saturday night. It was even better for having my very own artist / tour guide in #1. While I was checking out a painting of the Chiricahuas, I said to her, see, I've been there, and I think it affects me the same way, but I just wish that I could paint it like that... her reply was more intense than I would have expected:

#1: Dude, you can! Don't say you can't! This one's very technical, you could definitely do it, you'd just need to practice. You could definitely paint like this, if you worked at it!

Song of the Day: Royksopp - Remind Me

No comments: