Friday, February 23, 2007

breakdance evolution


Mark it down: optimist club, thursday nights at congress, is the new booty night. Even if #1 and #2 turned into 7's and didn't follow through on the following:

#2: We've already picked out some girls for you.
me: Really!?! Where are they?
#2: Probably on the dance floor. Any girl for you is definitely out dancing.

I love my friends.
And to think, the evening started with free dinner at gentle ben's (reuben-questers, like my brother, should know that there's is only above-average), then poker whilst rocking a hookah at pancho villa's. Next week I'll print out a membership card (from myspace.com/optimistclub) so I don't even have to pay the $2 cover.

I also met a b-girl who claimed to have learned to breakdance at an elementary school in Phoenix. Naturally, I was a little confused. But not confused enough to refrain from pretending I knew how to break. When I came back up, a few drunk people were cheering. Maybe I don't actually need breakdance training to be a real b-boy...

Song of the Day: the Beastie Boys - Johnny Ryall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Optimists...are they like, happy all the time?

action said...

I think I've got the membership pre-req's covered: being happy, drinking, & dancing. Optimist club, meet your newest member: action jackson.