Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ridiculous


You're not supposed to get a ticket while riding your bicycle on a first date. I mean, technically, we only slowed for the stop sign, but we looked both ways, saw that there was no traffic, and continued. We didn't cut anyone off, and we didn't breeze through. I mean, stopping requires some effort on a bike, especially on an incline... and we were pretty tired from climbing.

Maybe this is just some sort of conservation of goodness. I suppose I had it coming to me, for how good the whole evening was. (Or we had it coming to us?)

Song of the Day: Son Volt - Action

2 comments:

Chickytava said...

Classic!

If it makes you feel better, I once went on a first date that was a bicycle ride, and after the ride we stopped at a bar to get a couple of beers. When we came out of the bar an hour later, my date's $800 bike had been stolen.

And we didn't even have that great of a time beforehand...

nonstop said...

You should pay for her ticket. It's the gentle-manly thing to do.