Tuesday, March 6, 2007

from rap video to biology lecture


In summary, the shredders and skiers on the Vail trip, from left to right:

MAchine aka george washington carver
little monkey sassbox
the renegade
rock 'n' roll AJ
pancho villa (taking the photo)
saucy brute (not pictured)
the diamond (not pictured)

love also goes to A, B, P, and the monkey mobile

This morning I had to give a lecture on extremophiles to my astrobiology class. After the attendance quiz, about a dozen students left class. I probably shouldn't take it personally, but that's pretty offensive when you're a teacher. It threw me off pretty badly, and I think the lecture suffered for it. Bummer.

Song of the Day: Luca - Rosalie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why you need to wait to give them the attendance quiz at the very end. We did this in TRAD all the time. It sucks but most kids are only there because they have to be. You'll get a few truly interested in it, but overall, they are there to get a requirement out of the way. You can't take it personally...I used to, but then realized I'd probably feel the same way they do if I had to take an econ class or something. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Way to mix up The Renegade and The Sass Box. All that R&R is making you dyslexic.