Thursday, August 16, 2007

their words are better saved than mine


I use my cell phone as an alarm. When I was setting it to try to get to work before noon, I discovered that I have two random voice-memo thingys on my phone, among my custom ringtones (which I uploaded using some internet tool, rather than the expensive ones offered by the cell phone company). I have no idea how to record things on my phone. How the messages got there is a complete mystery to me: but a gloriously self-entertaining mystery at that (i.e.: an [action]-story).

The 2nd of these is the saucy brute giving me advice about a girl. I explained this to nop.bot, and...

nopbot: July 8, 2006!
me: what??
nop.bot: that's when it happened. there was a bbq, and that's when [saucy brute] was giving you advice about [...]

I was impressed. And he's probably right that I was getting girl advice on that date. But unfortunately for nop.bot, saucy brute and I have "girl talk" (as she calls it) probably once a week or so... and I can't blame him for picking the wrong occasion.

The other one was a recorded phone conversation... apparently nop.bot called around noon on a Saturday and my girlfriend-at-the-time answered the phone. Only his voice is recorded, but there's some discussion about living in sin.

I highly support having random recordings of my life resurface in the future.

Song of the Day: The Shins - Those to Come

3 comments:

nop.bot said...

its like i'm rain man with dates.

except i'm not a retard. crap. oh that i were a retard. then i could cross that off my list. when i make love to myself that is.

nop.bot said...

ps i dont actually want to be a retard.

that would be retarded.

nop.bot said...

oh and you were getting advice from the brute on that date about a girl. and you were so floored by how good the advice was, and so drunk that you thought to record it. you either did it with your phone or camera, not sure. but im pretty sure it happened at some point...