Wednesday, August 8, 2007

birthday extravaganza #2


My birthday, and day 2 of the Nopey & Action Birthday Extravaganza Week. Wizard's Staff at Che's. In the photograph above, you may observe our grand instruments of magical compulsion. (The wizard with the longest staff gets to tell everyone else what to do.) While I was slightly disappointed that I was the only one who dressed according to the highest level of theme, at least several people showed up in theme-1 bandanas.

There was much wizard naming (i.e. Thuggothreenut, Rockoccolicious, Doc Cockulus, Carbonaut, etc.) and other assorted waving about of our glorious PBR constructs. I spent some time as the grand-master wizard, and thus was able to successfully deflect the nefarious wizard Felchencracken (at right) and his foul attempted namings.

Meanwhile the wizard Vomitus Inducius:
VI: hey [action], you want a shot?
me: uh... [pointing to my stack of 8 PBRs]
VI: all right, I'm buying you a shot!

Shortly afterward, Felchencracken finished his ninth PBR and I became known as Santorus Slurpus (left). It's a rough life, alas.

Final count: level 10 wizard, along with 2 shots. I also saw St Vincent, but I honestly can't say if the show was good or not. (Blue [above], who remained sober, said it was all right but kinda weird; while nop.bot, a solidly drunk level 8 wizard, said it was the worst show he's ever seen). Then blue met susan (my paddle), we talked canoeing for an hour or two, and I forced her to leave with Moby Dick.

Wizard's Staff may be the greatest drinking game ever.

Song of the Day: Neil Young - Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

No comments: