Friday, July 6, 2007

motivation & distraction


Okay, it's [action]-story time.

So, I was driving to the grocery store, when I see this ridiculously cute girl riding her bike. Now, it's been a long time since I've actually seen a girl I could ever become interested in, so I think that I'd forgotten that they existed. This random girl-on-bike could have been one of those. It also got me thinking about how women get about 10 bonus hot points if riding a bike (that's on the (0-10) * (0-10) attractiveness scale). But I digress...

So then I start thinking, damn, I need to do something exciting again. At this point it was all subconscious, but I'll explain the cause at which point it surfaced in this stream of consciousness. So after the grocery store I start to get a sleeping bag and some food together to go drive up near Sedona and backpack and look for elk. Then I decide, wait! I know what's causing this! It's just like that Sports Night episode, where Dan gets writer's block, then gets it cured when he meets a hot volleyball player because he remembers why he grew to love writing in the first place... like Jeremy said, it's the same reason anyone does anything: for beautiful women!

With this epiphany in mind, I resolved to go to work posthaste, and do some Impressive Astronomy. But while biking in, I noticed lightning! The monsoons have arrived! It felt much cooler, even if it actually wasn't. The oppressive laziness of the 105+ summer was shifted, shrugged off from the city. So I biked around for a while. Then I came to work, and told everyone that the monsoons had come. So we began to make plans on where to go watch the lightning tonight. Then I decided this had to be recorded.

Now it's 4 pm, and I still haven't done any work, Impressive Astronomy or otherwise. And the red sox game is on the radio. Ah, well.

Song of the Day: Marah - The Dishwasher's Dream

1 comment:

nop.bot said...

yeah that was an action-story, and yean it ended nowhere, but it was pretty good for an action-story. at least it didn't involve the dorf.

i will note though, that i think you've used this picture before.