Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's actually cold enough for it


This is my lucky hat. I got it in Chile for something like $3, and the seller insisted that it is made of alpaca. I have no reason not to believe him, especially since the pattern looks sort of like alpacas with their babies on their backs and chunks of their chest cavities missing. Since everyone knows that alpacas carry their babies on their backs, and have a common problem of chest collapse. Anyway, I show the knuckleball grip in the photo for two reasons: (1) scale, and (2) to detail that my lucky hat isn't actually very lucky. I used to wear it to softball, and one day with Krakatoa (now known as Wiretap) at the plate, I was taunting him with the old knuckler. Krakatoa was not impressed, and proceeded to hit the ball halfway to Cambodia. A month later, I was in left field with the hat, taunting Krakatoa once again with my trademark booty-dance. This time, he managed to launch the ball over my head, over the fence, lodged about twenty feet up in a tree. "That's my memorial to your little dance, [action]!" he proclaimed. I think there's a lesson to be learned in all this, but I've absolutely no idea what it is.

No comments: